HOUSTON – Let mom sit back, relax and sip her favorite drink this Sunday!
Rebecca Burkart, bartender at Johnny’s golden brick in the Heights joined Houston Life with 2 easy and delicious cocktail recipes perfect for celebrating Mother’s Day at home.
These recipes use some of the moms’ favorite ingredients: tea and wine
• 1.5 ounces. William Price Gino
• 1 ounce. Lemon juice
• 1 ounce. Tea Syrup*
• 2 ounces. Sparkling water
Place all ingredients except the sparkling water in a shaker and shake. Strain into a glass and top with sparkling water. Enjoying!
• 1 cup of water
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tea bags
Tip: Use your mother’s favorite tea. Fruit and herbal teas are recommended.
Bring 1 cup or 8 oz. water to a boil and add 2 tea bags. Turn off the heat and let it steep for 3 minutes. Remove the tea bags and bring the tea back to a boil. After boiling, add 1 cup of granulated sugar and stir until dissolved. Cool before use.
• 0.25 oz. Simple Syrup (2:1)*
• 0.25 oz. Lemon juice
• 0.25 oz. Orange Curacao
• 0.5 oz. Berry juice**
• 0.5 oz. Brandy
• 0.5 oz. Orange juice
• 4 oz. Wine
Recipe for batch jars:
• 2.5 ounces. Simple Syrup (2:1)
• 2.5 ounces. Lemon juice
• 2.5 ounces. Orange Curacao
• 5 ounces. Berry juice needs 2.5
• 5 ounces. Brandy
• 5 ounces. Orange juice
• 40 ounces. Wine
Combine all ingredients and stir before pouring over ice. Garnish with fresh berries or citrus and enjoy!
• 2 parts granulated sugar
• 1 part water
Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve sugar and let cool before using.
• I bought a bag of frozen mixed berries and thawed them. Sprinkled with probably almost 1/2 cup of sugar and tossed to cover all the berries. I leave this in the fridge for a few hours. I strained the juice that helped extract the sugar and used it in the Sangria and used the berries as a garnish.
• Any brand Orange Curacao or Triple Sec will work.
• The same goes for the Brandy, any will work and even brandy or a dark rum can replace it too.
• This is a great red wine recipe or even a 50/50 red wine and rose wine mix for something lighter. No matter how cheap or expensive, your favorite wine will work.
For more delicious cocktails, head to Burkart at Johnny’s Gold Brick.
From May 11, the bar will host Espresso Martini Day every Wednesday. It’s going to be $2 off Espresso Martinis.
For more information, click on here†
Recipes provided by: Rebecca Burkart.
Copyright 2022 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.