Protein shakes and other similar supplements are gaining popularity as a means of accelerating muscle building. Many of the recipes replace milk with water, which can increase your calorie intake, although it will likely result in bigger and stronger muscles after exercise. Protein powder mixed with water can get pretty boring to consume, especially since most of us can only afford to buy one flavor at a time. However, all you need is a blender and a little imagination to turn your protein powder into a delicious surprise. Here are the recipes that will help you feel great, work hard, and reach your fitness goals.
(Read also: Navratri smoothie recipes 2022: 5 delicious smoothies to enjoy during your fast )
Speaking to HT Lifestyle, Jennifer Blow, nutritionist at Myprotein, shared 3 delicious and healthy protein shakes and smoothie recipes for muscle building.
1. Coffee and Cocoa
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml brewed coffee
- 1Latte or Chocolate Flavored Impact Whey Protein
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 100 g banana
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on full power.
2. Add ice cubes or vanilla ice cream for extra texture/flavor.
2. Wake Up Matcha Whey Smoothie
- 1 scoop Matcha Whey Protein
- 2 medium fresh peaches
- 1/2 Thumbroot Ginger (grated)
- 75 ml milk
1. Finely chop the peaches and put them in the blender along with Matcha whey, ginger and milk.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Salted caramel shake
- 1 scoop Salted Caramel Impact Whey Protein
- 1 scoop Instant Oats or oatmeal blended into a fine powder
- 1 small banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 250 ml whole milk
Simply blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!
Trending topics to follow