When planning lunch with the aim of losing weight, you may not think about homemade food. That’s because you’re probably imagining something rich, creamy, and salty. However, we have discovered healthy Indian recipes that can easily be incorporated into a weight loss plan as well.
According to experts, protein-rich meals satisfy your hunger and keep you full for longer. In addition, when combined with exercise, a high-protein diet aids in lean muscle development.
If you’re trying to lose weight, here’s a list of Indian lunch recipes to get you started:
1. Daliya Khichdi: Daliya, also called bulgur wheat, is a nutritious breakfast option. These are high in protein and will keep you full for a longer period of time.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds, ginger, crushed and green chilies and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Then add the chopped vegetables and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all spices and stir well.
- Now add the washed Dalia and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Close the pressure cooker lid after adding water.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
2. Paneer Bhurji: This is a quick and easy recipe that everyone loves. Paneer is high in calcium and protein. The dish is low in carbohydrates and calories.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add some cumin seeds.
- Then fry the onions until they get a golden color and add the ginger-garlic paste.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt and turmeric.
- Cook the tomatoes until they are soft.
- Add garam masala and red chilly powder.
- Finally, crumble the paneer and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
3. Oat Upma: If you’re looking for healthy quick breakfast recipes to lose weight, this fiber-rich oatmeal upma is ideal.
- Heat a pan. Toast the oats for 2 minutes.
- When you’re done, take it out of the pan and put it in a dry place.
- The next step is to stir-fry the vegetables.
- Add a pinch of mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the curry leaves, ginger and green chillies to the pan.
- Fry all chopped vegetables for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Now add water and salt to taste and bring to a boil.
- Then add toasted oats, stirring constantly.
- Let it simmer until the oats are fully cooked and absorb.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and some chopped coriander leaves.
- Stir well.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 2-3 minutes before serving.
4. High Protein Salad: Kala chana salad, also called Kala chana chaat, is a high protein salad recipe. This is an excellent meal option for those looking to lose a few pounds.
- Soak chana or chickpeas in water for 6-8 hours.
- After that, cook the chana for 6-8 whistles.
- While this is boiling, add a little salt, then turn off the heat and wait for the pressure to release.
- Then strain the chana into a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, green chilies, and coriander leaves.
- Season with black salt, chat masala and 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Mix well and ready is a delicious chickpea salad.
5. Low Fat Chicken Shawarma: A healthy filling for this protein-rich healthy shawarma is thinly sliced chicken strips with tomatoes, onions, peppers and a yogurt-based sauce.
- Marinate the chicken slices in all the ingredients and marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Cook the chicken until completely dry and serve with pita bread or lettuce, tomato, sliced onion, green peppers, parsley and sauce.
- Take pita bread or lettuce and spread some sauce on it.
- Add chicken, tomato, onions, parsley and peppers and form a firm roll.
- For the sauce, whisk all ingredients together and serve with chicken and pita bread or lettuce.
So what are you waiting for? Try these recipes now!
Read all the latest news, breaking news and IPL 2022 Live Updates here.