Breakfast, as we all know, is the most important meal of the day. As people become more and more health conscious, the importance of breakfast is escalating even more and almost all health enthusiasts recommend not skipping a hearty breakfast for better health. Almost all of us are in a rush during the morning hours, so we’re always on the lookout for nutritious breakfast options that are super quick and easy to prepare. Oats are one such staple that is filled with the goodness of heart-healthy nutrients and can be consumed in multiple ways. From eta-glucan, soluble fiber to protein, antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals, this superfood offers endless health benefits while facilitating the weight loss process for you. If you are bored with that classic oatmeal recipe, here are some easy and interesting oat weight loss recipes that you should definitely try at home.
1. Oat Khichdi
Oats Khichdi are rich in soluble fiber that help balance total cholesterol and lower LDL (bad cholesterol levels). Plus, it keeps you full for a longer period of time and curbs your cravings while improving the weight loss process.
- 50 grams moong dal
- 20 grams carrot (chopped)
- 20 grams green peas (finely chopped)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Coriander (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Water, as much as needed
- Take a pressure cooker and heat the ghee in it. Fry the ginger-garlic paste with onion, tomatoes and other vegetables for a minute.
- Add chili powder, salt and turmeric until you can smell the aroma. Now add the moong dal and oats to the mixture. Stir well, add water and cook for 8 minutes or until all ingredients are well blended.
- Serve warm with the topping of chopped coriander leaves.
2. Nut oats and strawberry parfait
This is a super easy-to-make breakfast recipe that contains decent amounts of fiber, iron, zinc, and many other health-promoting nutrients.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons strawberry
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Take a container and mix oatmeal, milk and honey in it and keep them overnight.
- Now take another glass or bowl and start adding a layer of chopped nuts, yogurt and then a layer of oats and the strawberry. Repeat the process several times or until all the ingredients have been used.
- Serve cool.
3. Oat Pancakes
Just swap your all-purpose flour for oatmeal and this nourishing oat pancake is half way to enriching you with the multi-nutrient goodness.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- A pinch of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Fruit to garnish, chopped
- Take a blender and mix the oats, water, banana, egg, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder together.
- Once ready, heat a frying pan, grease it with some butter and pour a ladle full of this mixture and spread evenly in a round shape.
- Brown both sides of the pancakes.
- Serve with the chopped fruit toppings.
4. Oat Upma
Upma is one of the delicious ways to eat oats as your first meal of the day. Extremely light on the stomach, this dish aids digestion and makes you lose pounds super easy.
- 1 cup oats
- 1-inch ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chana dal
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups of water
- curry leaves
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 carrot, sliced
- Take a pan and heat the oil in it. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, cumin seeds and onion and stir fry.
- Now add all the vegetables and fry. When done, add salt and other spices and mix well.
- Add the water to the pan and let it simmer.
- Once the water is soaked, turn off the heat and serve with the coriander leaf garnish.