The scorching heat can leave us tired, dehydrated and low on energy. In addition, a tasty and healthy drink with lots of ice is all that is needed to feel better. A popular summer drink happens to be shikanji. It is a combination of lemon juice and various roasted Indian spices to get the right taste sensation. Shikanji not only helps prevent heatstroke, but it also stimulates digestion and is packed with vitamin C. So if you’re wondering how to make this drool-worthy drink, don’t worry. Chef Saransh Goila shared a recipe on Instagram showing how to make shikanji.
(Also Read: Immunity Boosting Shikanji Masala Recipe: 4 Shikanji Recipes You Can Make in Less Than 5 Minutes)
These are the ingredients for Saransh Goila’s shikanji:
Jeera – 4 tablespoons
Black peppercorns – 1 1/2 tablespoons
Green cardamom pods – 10-12
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Black salt – 2 tablespoons
juice of 1 lemon
Sugar to taste (2 tablespoons)
Mint Leaves – 5 to 8
Shikanji masala – 1.5 tbsp
How to make the shikanji:
1) First make a special shikanji masala. To do this, take jeera, black peppercorns and green cardamom pods according to the stated quantities. Roast them all dry.
2) After roasting, grind them into a fine masala. Add salt and black salt and mix well. Keep it aside.
3) To prepare single glass shikanji, squeeze a lemon into the container and add sugar as you like. However, two tablespoons of sugar should be enough.
4) Take about five to eight mint leaves and add them to the mixture. Mix the shikanji masala you prepared ahead of time.
5) Finally, transfer the mixture to a glass, add a lot of ice and mix in some soda. The shikanji is ready to be served.
(Also Read: The Milky Shahi Shikanji In Indore Is Nothing Like You’ve Ever Had Before!)
Watch the recipe video here:
If it’s not shikanji, there are other summer drinks you can easily make at home. If you’re craving a thick shake, use mangoes and quickly make a delicious shake. Chef Saransh Goila once posted a video on Instagram showing how to make a perfect glass of mango milkshake. The creamy and frothy milkshake not only tastes good, but also gives us the chance to get mangoes in one of the most delicious ways.
According to the recipe Saransh Goila shared, you must first peel a fully ripe mango, then cut it into small cubes and put it in a blender. He gave an insider tip, which was to add completely frozen whole milk cubes, along with ice and sugar. Then mix them all together and your mango milkshake is ready.
Enjoy the summer season while enjoying these tasty drinks.