1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
20 oz. can pineapple treats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut toasted
1. Drain the pineapple in a colander for 10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 300
3. Place a piece of baking paper on a 9×13 pan and pour the coconut on the paper
4. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden brown. DO NOT let it burn
5. Remove the coconut from the oven and let it cool.
6. Increase the oven temperature to 350
7. Spray the loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside
8. In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. guard. Put aside.
9. Mix the butter and sugar in a stand mixer. Cream for 5 minutes until fluffy.
10. Add the eggs one at a time and mix them before adding the next.
11. Add 1/3 of the flour mix and mix.
12. Add 1/2 yogurt and mix.
13. Add 1/3 of the flour mix and mix.
14. Add the rest of the yogurt and mix.
15. Add the rest of the flour and combine, just until blended and remove the paddle.
16. Press the pineapple down with kitchen paper and fold it through the mixture.
17. Add the mix to the loaf pan, smooth the top with a spatula and add the coconut.
18. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
19. Cover with foil and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
20. Remove and let cool for at least 20 minutes, then remove from pan and enjoy!
So a little behind the scenes… I usually make my recipes in the morning and then get to work around 1:30 PM. The day I baked these, we had severe storms and I had to get in early so I couldn’t cool down and eat the bread. My kids did though, and this was a keeper! Can’t wait to finally try some when I get home. Until next time!
Copyright © 2022 WTVD TV. All rights reserved.