It’s hard to imagine a BLT could get any better, but then I went ahead and threw the classic fixings on a pizza base and there you have it: pure bliss! The tomatoes are baked into the crust for sweet bursts of juiciness with every bite. Then it’s topped with the “B” and “L” — crispy turkey bacon and shredded romaine lettuce — for an extra dose of goodness. And to make it all over the top, add a few spoonfuls of my Ranch Dressing and a generous drizzle of balsamic glaze. My prediction: This could become your new obsession. (It’s definitely mine)
- A few notes about the dough:
- † You can buy “frozen or shelf-stable” ready-made molded pizza bases. Usually you add your toppings and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. Please check the package and follow the specific brand directions. Comes in all variants; white flour, whole wheat, gluten free, cauliflower and more.
† You can buy frozen or refrigerated pizza dough balls; just let it thaw when frozen and roll it into a pizza crust shape. Follow directions for adding toppings and oven time/temp.
† You can buy boxed powdered mixes as well as muffin and cake mixes.
† You can make your own crust! Recipes are pretty easy (and fun!) to follow and usually include flour (bonus points for whole wheat), a dash of sugar, dry yeast, salt, olive oil, and water. Check out my easy recipe here.
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Total time 15 minutes
This recipe makes 6 slices
- † Pre-baked pizza base*
- † 2 to 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- † 1 to 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- † 6 strips turkey bacon, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces
- † Ranch dressing (recipe here)
- † Balsamic glaze
*My directions are for a shelf-stable Boboli. Since brands may vary, follow the heating instructions of the brand you are using.
Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange tomato slices on pizza base and coat tops with olive oil spray. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the shredded lettuce over the cooked tomatoes. Evenly distribute the turkey bacon bits. Spoon small drops of Ranch dressing all over your pizza, followed by generous drizzles of balsamic glaze. Slice and enjoy!
Food per slice. Add 8 calories per tablespoon of Ranch Dressing.
Try these BLT Kebabs!