CENTENNIAL, Colo. — On the consumer side of the beef industry, the trends this year are budget-friendly options and healthy recipes.
According to the Beef Checkoff, the following areas are trending:
Home cooking and healthy habits were big in 2021 and are expected to continue this year.
The versatility of beef means there are a variety of lean cuts to choose from. Pair beef with vegetables for a protein-rich, delicious meal.
As an added bonus, healthy foods containing beef may provide immunity-boosting benefits.
Quick meals that leave you with leftovers make it a little easier. If you want to turn leftovers into a whole new dish, enjoy a roast one night and save the leftovers for another dish later in the week.
For those on a budget, ground beef, chuck steak, chuck roast, and top round steak are more affordable options.
According to the Beef Checkoff, the following cuts of beef are becoming more and more available in the United States, or are peaking for the current season.
1. Pot roast: A staple with a full flavor. Great for slow cooking, chili and stews.
2. Span Short Ribs: A crowd favorite, short ribs are known for their richness and meatiness – flavorful, moist and tender when cooked slowly.
3. Flank Steak: Lean and boneless with lots of intense beef flavor. Best when marinated and grilled or thinly sliced and stir-fried.
4. Inner Skirt: As opposed to the outer skirt steak, this cut is known for its robust flavor profile. Marinate and grill hot for fajitas or use for stir-frying.
5. Chest Flat Half: The lean half of the whole breast is also known as the “first cut,” this full-flavored meat can be sliced or shredded.
More information on www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/cuts†