NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
There’s nothing like Mommy’s stuffed shells. Now you can upgrade this classic meal with a chicken-filled lasagna-inspired riff thanks to Cara Lanz of MidwesternHomeLife.com.
Pro tip: “Stuffed shells are so tasty, but it’s tricky to squeeze the filling into smooth cooked shells,” Lanz says. “You can fill regular jumbo shells before they’re done — just add some water to the dish before baking and let the magic happen in the oven.”
5-INGREDIENTS SAINT LOUIS GRILLED RIBS FROM ‘DR. BBQ’: TRY THE RECIPE
Cheesy Chicken Lasagna Stuffed Shells (No-Boil) by Cara Lanz, Midwestern HomeLife
Makes 12 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
12 ounces jumbo shells
15 ounces 2% cottage cheese
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
2 cups rotisserie chicken breast
32 ounces marinara sauce
1 ½ cup water
SICILIAN GRANDMA STYLE PIZZA PIZZA BASILLE PIZZA
1 tablespoon fresh basil
2 tablespoons pesto
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place 1 cup of marinara sauce in the bottom of the pan.
3. Mix the cottage cheese, beaten egg, garlic powder and Italian herbs in a bowl. Add the spinach, 1 cup mozzarella, and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
4. Fill the shells with the spinach-curd mixture from the bowl with a spoon.
5. Arrange the shredded rotisserie chicken over the stuffed shells.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
6. Cover the chicken with the rest of the marinara sauce.
7. Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the pan.
8. Top the marinara sauce with 1 cup mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
9. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 60 minutes. Cover and bake for a further 10 minutes.
10. Serve with ribbons of fresh basil and a dash of pesto.
This original recipe is owned by midwesternhomelife.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER