NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
This “ultimate” pasta is truly a supper.
“The ‘Ultimate Pasta with Bacon and Peas’ is made without cream. Pasta water, olive oil, and Parmesan add the perfect creaminess and accentuate the smokiness of the bacon and the sweetness of the peas,” says Grace Vallo, creator of the recipe blog FlavorGrace .com, noting that the addition of shallots and garlic is also a nice touch.
“Orecchiette is the perfect pasta shape that ‘cups’ every ingredient, so every bite is just as good as the last,” says Vallo.
HOW TO MAKE BURNT MAC AND CHEESE: RECIPE
Feel free to experiment with different types of pasta until you find your favorite.
MEET THE AMERICAN WHO Invented THE ‘CLEAN, HEALTHY’ Corn Dog
The Ultimate Bacon and Peas Pasta by Grace Vallo of TastefullyGrace.com
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 pound orecchiette pasta
12 ounces bacon, diced
1 cup frozen peas
3 medium shallots, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
½ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or Parmesan, plus more for garnish
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup reserved pasta water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Salt to taste
- Fry the bacon in a large dry pan over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside in a separate bowl. Pour the liquid fat out of your pan, leaving only the drips (small pieces of bacon) in the bottom of the pan. Return the pan to the heat and add olive oil, garlic and shallots. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water in a separate saucepan. Cook al dente according to the instructions on the box.
- Once the shallots and garlic are sautéed, add the frozen peas and cook over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes until the peas are hot and bright green. Add bacon again and black pepper. Stir and heat for 1 minute.
- Use a cup measuring cup to save some pasta water. Drain the pasta and add to the pan with your bacon and peas. Stir.
- Add ¼ cup pasta water, Parmesan cheese, and salt to taste. Stir until combined.
- Serve hot, in pasta bowls, with a spoon or fork!
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
This original recipe is owned by flavourgrace.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.