NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
This recipe for Toasty Baked Egg Cups by Lisa Steele from “The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook: Over 100 Fabulous Recipes to Use Eggs in Unexpected Ways” will have you looking forward to breakfast.
“If you’re like me and like to eat breakfast with one hand while using the other hand to type or scroll through your social media feed, these egg cups are for you!” Steele wrote in “The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook.”
“Eggs, cheese and crispy toast are combined in muffin tins for a compact, easy bite,” she continued.
“I don’t usually add meat, but if you want you can crumble some cooked sausage or bacon into the cups before adding the cheese,” she also wrote.
HASH BROWN AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE BY TIKTOK UPGRADET A BREAKFAST FAVORITE
She noted that these are easy to make for a crowd because they bake up to a dozen at a time — and look a lot fancier than they are.
‘PIZZA EIGS’ GET STEAM ON TIKTOK LIKE A PROTEIN PACKED DISH
Steele has a penchant for Gouda or Cheddar cheese in the recipe, but experiment with different cheeses to see what you like best.
Toasty Baked Egg Cups by Lisa Steele, author of ‘The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook’
Makes 12 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 17-20 minutes
‘CUSTARD TOAST’ IS THE NEW VIRAL BREAKFAST TREND: TRY THE RECIPES
12 slices of sandwich bread
6 tablespoons butter, melted
¾ cup grated Gouda cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
Chopped chives for garnish
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the crusts off the bread slices and use a rolling pin to flatten each slice into a square.
2. Generously brush both sides of each slice of bread with the melted butter, then press a slice into each cup of a standard muffin tin to form bread bowls. Divide the cheese between the cups, break gently and slide an egg into each cup. Season with salt and pepper.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
3. Bake the egg cups for about 17 minutes until the whites are set, the yolks are cooked to your liking and the toasts are golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and run the tip of a butter knife along the edge of each cup to loosen it from the pan.
4. Let the toast cups cool for a few minutes and then carefully remove them from the pan. (Two forks make this easier.)
5. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
This original recipe is owned by fresheggsdaily.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.