WATERLOO, Erase.† June 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — In celebration of Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese 20e Anniversary, Crave Brothers announces six winners, including three consumers and three professionals, for its 20e Anniversary 2022 Recipe Contest.
Home cooks and food professionals were invited to submit their favorite original recipes in one of three categories: Appetizer/side dish (including salads), main course and/or desserts. They had to use one or more Crave Brothers farm cheeses, including fresh mozzarella, mascarpone, chocolate mascarpone, farm cheese with string, Oaxacaand/or Cheddar Cheese Curd.
“Cheese is a diverse ingredient that can be used in a variety of ways, and we know of no better way to spend our 20e birthday than with a recipe contest,” said Debbie Crave, Vice President. “It was a challenge judging so many delicious entries. We always love new recipe ideas with our cheeses.”
The recipes were judged by a professional panel based on creativity, presentation, taste and innovative use of Crave Brothers cheese. The winners are:
- Café Mocha Bread Pudding Cheesecake with warm mocha sauce and mixed berries, with Mary McShack chocolate mascarpone from Alabama – (Dessert)
- Caprese-inspired shrimp gnocchi, with mascarpone and fresh mozzarella from Donna Marie Ryan from Massachusetts – (Main entrance)
- Gluten-free curd puffs with spiced honey mascarpone paste, with cheddar cheese curd and mascarpone from Chera Little from Texas – (Appetizer)
- Cannoli Cheesecake, with Mascarpone by Dustin Bartender from Wisconsin (D•Bar Bakery) – (Dessert)
- CRAVEable Corn Dip, with OaxacaFarmer’s Rope and Fresh Mozzarella by Sarah Mittelstadt from Wisconsin (Farm Table Foundation) – (Appetizer)
- Dry Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Crave’s Captivating Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Mascarpone Dipping Sauce, with Chocolate Mascarpone by Natalie E Herman of South Caroline (NEH Media LLC) – (Main entry)
The recipes are published on the craving brothers website for cheese lovers to try at home. To learn more about Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese or to purchase their cheeses, visit www.cravecheese.com†
About Crave Brothers
Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese LLC produces award-winning fresh mozzarella, mascarpone, Oaxaca, Farmers Rope String Cheese and Fresh Cheddar Cheese Curds. Celebrating 20 years in the cheese-making business in 2022, the Crave family farms 2,500 hectares of productive land in south-central Wisconsin, growing soybeans, maize and alfalfa to use as nutritious feed for their Holstein cows. From the biodigester to the recovery and recycling of water, sustainability is central to both the farm and the cheese factory. The Crave Brothers Farm LLC and Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese LLC use 100% green energy and are carbon negative companies.
SOURCE Crave Brothers Farmer’s Cheese