NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
To start your day healthy or to get extra nutrition in between, smoothies are a good option.
“This smoothie is great if you’re looking for a fresh, quick pick-me-up before a workout or a nutrient-packed afternoon snack,” says Olivia Sokolowska, MBA, RD, who created the food blog SaltedButterKitchen.com.
“To make this smoothie even easier, make these frozen spinach cubes ahead of time. Mix spinach, water and a squeeze of lemon juice and pour into ice cube trays,” she told Fox News Digital. “Put these cubes in your smoothie in place of fresh spinach and enjoy.”
THESE ARE THE BEST FOODS FOR YOUR HEART, EXPERTS SAY
Energizing Spinach Mango Smoothie from Salted Butter Kitchen by Olivia Sokolowska, MBA, RD
Makes 1 serving
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
THESE ARE THE WORST FROZEN FOODS FOR YOUR HEALTH, EXPERTS SAY
- 1 cup fresh spinach or 8 frozen spinach cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice or cold green tea
- ¾ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup water (optional)
THE BEST FOOD FOR GOOD SLEEP
1. In a blender cup or pitcher, add the fresh spinach or frozen spinach cubes, lemon juice and pineapple juice. Blend until spinach is completely runny – all leaves are completely mixed.
2. Remove the lid from the blender and add the mango chunks and pineapple chunks. If using frozen mango and pineapple, add ¼ cup of water now.
3. Place the lid on the blender and blend until smooth. Add extra water or pineapple juice if needed, depending on your desired thickness and sweetness.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
This original recipe is owned by saltedbutterkitchen.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.