Time: 20 minutes
• Non-stick cooking spray
• 1 pound 93/7 lean ground beef
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 6 cups green leaf lettuce, finely chopped
• 6 tablespoons Chipotle Garlic Salad Dressing*
• 2 tbsp bacon strips
• 1/2 cup sliced pickles with dill
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• Lightly grease a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add beef, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked through and crumbling all over. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
• In a large bowl, mix the lettuce with 2 tablespoons of dressing. Divide evenly between bowls and garnish with beef, bacon, pickles, onion, tomatoes, cheese and 1 tablespoon dressing. Serve immediately!
Try spinach, kale, or arugula to customize your salad!
Fresh Start is a free program taught by Nutrition Education Assistants (NEAs). By participating in this program, you will learn how to make healthier food choices, plan inexpensive meals, stretch your food dollars, prepare new foods, read food labels, and more. If you are interested in participating in this free nutrition program, please contact Lori Evans, Nutrition Education Assistant at the OSU Community Nutrition Education Programs. The office is located at the Kay County OSU Extension Office, 201 S. Main St., Newkirk, Oklahoma 74647. You can call the office at 580-362-2200 or email [email protected] .
Oklahoma State University, pursuant to Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and other federal laws and regulations, discriminate against based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability or veteran status in any of its policies, practices or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid and educational services.