NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Ready to fire up the grill? Try these tasty salmon skewers with spiced aioli this summer.
The recipe comes from Fulton Fish Market and is made with Atlantic salmon from the Faroe Islands. The fish itself comes from the cold waters of the Faroe Islands – an archipelago between Iceland and Norway – where fish are farmed in the Gulf Stream’s so-called “Goldilocks zone” and feast on non-GMO feed.
SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS FOR THE BBQ: TRY THE RECIPE
Here, onion, lemons, and peppers compliment the flaky buttery fish in a recipe you’ll return to. It’s complete with a spiced caper aioli that’s a delicious seasoning for roasted veggies, pasta salad, and more.
Grilled Salmon Skewers from Fulton Fish Market
For 4 persons
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 11 minutes
4×8-ounce Atlantic salmon from the Faroe Islands portions, skin on and cut into 2 inch cubes
12 different bell peppers or chili peppers (red pepper, banana pepper, fresno or yellow chili), diced
Whole lemons, halved
1 bunch green and red onions, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 wooden skewers
TASTY BBQ CHICKEN NACHOS: TRY THE RECIPE
Seasoned Caper Aioli Ingredients:
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
¼ cup chilled egg product
2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
1 shallot, quartered
½ tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
GO OUTSIDE THE COB: 3 MAS DIP RECIPES TO TRY THIS SUMMER
1. Soak the wooden skewers in water for an hour. Preheat the grill. Dry the skewers lightly and thread the salmon with the skin to the left onto the skewers. The thick fillet side of the salmon should be facing up.
2. Then brush the salmon and vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Reduce heat to medium heat, 350°F and place peppers on rack. Grill for five minutes and turn three times.
4. Brush the grids with oil and place the salmon skewers flesh side down. Grill twice for 6 minutes, rotating.
5. Place the lemon halves cut side down on the racks to brown.
6. As a final step, add the green and red onions to char and brown.
7. When the ingredients are cooked, remove the ingredients from the grill, place in a large platter to serve with a bowl of arugula mixed with lemon juice and olive oil as a salad with the skewers. Serve with the aioli on the side.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Spiced Caper Aioli Directions:
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the vinegar, egg product, capers, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
2. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil, stopping if necessary to scrape the sides of the bowl.
3. Stir in the herbs and dilute with a few drops of vinegar if it’s too thick.
This original recipe is owned by Fultonfishmarket.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER