NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
If Dad loves pancakes, this sweet heart-shaped treat is perfect for Father’s Day 2022.
“There’s so much creativity you can use for this recipe, which is so important to me,” said Catherine McCord.
She is the food blogger behind Weelicious, the author of “Weelicious: 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes” and co-founder of One Potato, an organic meal kit company.
FATHER’S DAY 2022: THE BEST ONE-LINERS AND LIFE ADVICE I EVER GET FROM DAD
“From the type of batter you decide to use, to the shape of each individual pancake to the toppings,” she added.
To make these pancakes extra special, McCord recommends topping them with homemade whipped cream and fresh seasonal berries, preferably from the local farmer’s market.
10 UNIQUE FATHER’S DAY GIFTS FOR NEW FATHERS
Heart shaped pancakes by Catherine McCord of Weelicious and One Potato
Makes 6-10 servings
The portion size depends on the amount of pancake batter used and the size of the pancakes
Preparation time: 5-15 minutes
Cooking time: 3-12 minutes
Prep and cooking times vary depending on the batter recipe used
1 batch of pancake batter of your choice (such as Catherine McCord’s Chocolate Pancake Mix from Weelicious, below)
1 squeeze bottle with tip
Maple syrup, fresh berries, raspberry sauce, whipped cream, honey or other desired toppings
FOR FATHER’S DAY, 21 COOL AND AWESOME GIFTS FOR DAD THIS YEAR
1. Pour pancake batter into a large squeeze bottle. Make sure the tip is big enough for the pancake batter to come out.
2. Carefully grease your pan over low to medium heat. Take a squeeze bottle and draw a free-form heart from one end to the other, then fill in the shape. When the heart begins to bubble, turn and cook for 30-60 seconds.
3. Serve with maple syrup, raspberry sauce, fresh berries, or any topping you like.
Chocolate Pancake Mix from Catherine McCord from Weelicious and One Potato
Makes 16 pancakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Butter or coconut oil, for greasing the pan
FATHER’S DAY 2022: GREAT GIFTS FOR GRANDFATHERS
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and oil.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just blended.
4. If you are going to make the heart shaped pancakes, read the directions in step 1 above. Otherwise, heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease lightly with butter or coconut oil.
5. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the baking tray (in the shape of a heart), make as many pancakes as you can fit, cook for 2 minutes or until you see bubbles form.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for a further minute.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
These original recipes are owned by Weelicious.com and were shared with Fox News Digital.