Homemade hot fudge is silky smooth and full of intense chocolate flavor without being too sweet. It consists of 3 simple ingredients and is ready in just 10 minutes. This is the perfect topping for hot fudge sundaes, fruit and your favorite desserts!
Is there really anything better than chocolate? Honestly, I can’t think of anything! And this hot fudge is so good I could eat it by the spoonful! It’s just a little too easy to eat, so make sure you have plenty of friends to share it with. If you’re in the mood for all things chocolate, you have to try this creamy one Chocolate lasagnathis cute and easy one Homemade Reese’s Eggsand this irresistible Mississippi mud cake.
Hot fudge recipe
This hot fudge recipe is a classic that everyone in the family will love. My favorite part about it is that there is absolutely no corn syrup! This fudge sauce is perfectly creamy with just three simple ingredients. Get ready for the most decadent hot fudge sundae you’ve ever had because this is the best hot fudge sauce around. It’s so much better than from the store, you’ll never get a jar from the store again.
Try this for the perfect hot fudge sundae homemade caramel sauce at. If you want to have loads of fun with a kid-friendly ice cream recipe, you should try this one snow ice cream recipe! It was a joy to make with my kids. If you live in a warmer climate where you won’t have snow, give this a try ice in a bag. Another way we like to eat these hot fudge is to drizzle on them turtle brownies or with this one cherry cheesecake brownies.
There isn’t much to this homemade hot fudge sauce, and yet it will be the best hot fudge you’ve ever had! It’s so easy to make and only has three ingredients. You can add other things like vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and salt if you want, but you don’t have to. I think this recipe is perfect just the way it is! You will find the full dimensions below in the recipe card.
- Semi-sweet chocolate: You want to use high quality chocolate, choose your favorite! I used Dove chocolate here. I like the dark chocolate Dove candies because they have a great, rich flavor. You could also use chocolate chips or bar of chocolate!
- Butter: I use unsalted butter and it doesn’t matter if it’s at room temperature or fresh from the fridge.
- sweetened condensed milk: This is the real magic. It makes the fudge the perfect consistency and so creamy and rich.
Hot fudge sauce recipe
This recipe is so easy! I know a few people who microwave their hot fudge, which you could probably do here as well. You probably won’t get as thick a mixture as you would on the stove, but it can be a quick option. I prefer to do it the old fashioned way over the stove because it always turns out exactly how I want it! Just make sure you don’t boil this mixture, it doesn’t need to get that hot.
- To melt: Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook: Add the sweetened condensed milk and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Cool: Remove from heat and let cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Heat in 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
Tips for Making Hot Fudge
There are many hot fudge recipes out there, but this is by far the best I’ve ever had. That doesn’t mean you can’t make it your own! Here are a few tips for making this hot fudge recipe.
- Choosing your chocolate: Using high quality chocolate will make a huge difference in the taste of the hot fudge. You can use any chocolate you like, just make sure you like the taste of the chocolate.
- Types of chocolate: Semi-sweet or dark chocolate is best for this recipe. I think using milk chocolate makes the fudge sauce too sweet. You can choose to use semi-sweet chocolate chips or a candy like Dove. I also used bittersweet chocolate and thought it was incredible, you really can’t go wrong here!
- What to eat with: Of course, this hot fudge is incredibly delicious with ice cream! I also dived cheesecake stuffed strawberries in and it was incredible. It works like a fondue! You can save it in a fondue pot to keep it from getting too cold and dip whatever you like in it. It’s also great over fluffy pancakes or perfect waffles.
This hot fudge is so great to have in the fridge. I love being able to take it out when I need it! Here’s how to store leftovers.
- In the fridge: Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Heat up: Heat gently to prevent the sauce from burning. You can heat it in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time and stir it in between.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
Add the sweetened condensed milk and cook over low heat until thickened.
Remove from heat and let cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Heat in 15 second intervals, stirring in between.
Calories108kcal (5%)Carbohydrates8g (3%)Protein1g (2%)Fat8g (12%)Saturated fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated fat0.3gMonounsaturated fat2gTrans fat0.1gcholesterol8mg (3%)Sodium2mgPotassium82mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A95IU (2%)Vitamin C0.004mgCalcium10mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional content will vary depending on the brands you use, measurement methods and portion sizes per household.
fbq( ‘init’, ‘1748581388781497’ );