NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
This easy recipe comes together with just 20 minutes of prep work and combines chicken thighs with sweet yellow onions, dill pickle chips, cheddar cheese, and a ready-made bourbon BBQ sloppy joe sauce to save you time.
Good luck not for seconds.
MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH A KENTUCKY CHEF’S CHICKEN WINGS: RECIPE
Pressure Cooker Bourbon BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Makes 8 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
No-stick cooking spray of your choice
3 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cups thinly sliced sweet yellow onion (2 medium onions)
2 pounds boneless boneless chicken thighs
½ teaspoon salt
1 can (15 oz each) Manwich Bourbon BBQ Sloppy Joe Sauce or sloppy Joe sauce of your choice, divided
8 hamburger buns
8 slices (¾ oz each) smoked Cheddar cheese
Vlasic Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips or dill pickle chips of your choice, to serve with it
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
1. Spray the electric multi-cooker pot with cooking spray. Select the sauté function and add 1 tablespoon of butter and onions to the pan. Saute 3 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Place the chicken in the pan, sprinkle with salt and pour ¾ cup Manwich sauce over it.
2. Lock the cover and close the pressure relief valve. Select the high pressure cooking function and cook for 15 minutes. When the time is up, turn off the multicooker and quickly let the steam escape. Use a slotted spoon to place the cooked chicken and onions in a bowl, keeping all the liquid in the pan.
3. Using the sauté function, cook the liquid until it has reduced by half and has thickened for about 5 minutes. Shred the chicken and return the chicken and onions to the pan with the remaining Manwich sauce. Cook and stir until chicken is well coated with sauce, about 5 minutes.
4. Heat the grill to high. Place the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until melted. Brush the cut sides of the buns with melted butter and place on a large baking tray. Roast until golden brown and toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the top buns from the pan. Place 1 slice of cheese on each bottom bun and toast until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. To serve, make sandwiches with toasted buns, chicken, and pickle slices. Serve immediately.
This original recipe is owned by readyseteat.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER