Let’s agree that cooking during the summer season can be quite a task. The extreme humidity, sweat and heat of the flame sometimes become unbearable. This is why many of us prefer to avoid the crowds altogether and look for simpler alternatives. When we say simple alternatives, the first two things that come to mind are ordering food or having an instant meal. We agree that these two options don’t require any physical labor, but neither of them are tenable for the months-long summer in India. That’s why quick recipes are coming in as a better and more sustainable option for everyone. If you ask us, in the summer we always go for quick and easy recipes that will help you put together a nutritious home-cooked meal in no time. This also helps us to be so creative when we want to cut down on cooking time in our kitchen.
One of those last cooking experiments we tried was with soy biryani. And believe us, it turned out so well! So we thought we’d share the recipe with you. If you’re craving something tasty but don’t want to spend a lot of time in your kitchen, this soy biryani recipe is a must try. It is a one-pot recipe that takes no more than 15 minutes to prepare. Sounds good? So what are you waiting for? Get all your cooking supplies ready as we walk you through the quick and easy soy biryani recipe. The recipe was shared by food vlogger Parul on her YouTube channel ‘Cook With Parul’.
15 Minutes Biryani Recipe: How To Make Soya Biryani In 15 Minutes:
- Soak the soy chunks in hot water and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Strain the soy chunks, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and biryani masala.
- Add salt to taste and some ground kasoori methi. Mix everything together and add dahi, green pepper, potatoes, carrot and beans. You can customize your vegetables.
- Finally, add fresh mint and coriander leaves, mix everything together and set aside.
- Add some oil and ghee in a saucepan and add some cumin, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, black peppercorns and cinnamon sticks. Make them sputter.
- To this, add onion, ginger-garlic paste and tomato and cook.
- Now add the marinated soy chunks and cook.
- Now top it with soaked basmati rice, birista (fried onion), freshly chopped mint and coriander, saffron infused milk and ghee respectively.
- Add some more water and cook to one whistle.
And in no time, your quick soy biryani will be ready to be savored.
Watch the detailed recipe video of quick soy biryani here:
Also read: 9 High Protein Veg Biryani Recipes You Should Know
Prepare it today and let us know what you think. Enjoy your meal.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- that’s what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it food, people or places, all she craves is knowing the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.