Fancy something different than your regular snacks? Summer is all about culinary experimentation and if you’re also looking for innovative foods, we’ve got you covered. Fusion recipes are all the rage these days, especially among those who love to combine two or three of their favorite dishes and create something new. The recently launched paratha pizza by a leading restaurant chain is already making a lot of buzz, combining the goodness of our favorite breakfast – paratha and go-to fast food pizza. (Also read: Work-at-home snacks: popcorn to roasted chickpeas; 7 healthy snack recipes)
Try making these interesting fusion recipes from Executive Chef Amit Kocharekar, The Resort Mumbai, at home and thank us later.
1. Rasgulla chaat
Rasgulla – 1 no.
Cottage cheese – 50 g
Sugar – 20gm
Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Nylon sev – 2 el
Pomegranate seeds – 1 tbsp
Mint chutney – 1 tbsp
Tamarind chutney – 2 tbsp
Coriander for garnish
– Take the rasgulla and squeeze out all the syrup.
– Make a curd with sugar, chaat masala, cumin powder and red chili powder and mix well.
– Put the rasgulla in a bowl, put the curd, mint chutney and tamarind chutney on top.
– Then garnish with nylon sev, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
2. Chili Chicken Tikka
Boneless chicken leg – 120 gm
Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Red chili sauce – 4 tbsp
Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Hung curd – 2 tbsp
Spring onion – 1 tsp
Red chilli – 2 no
Onion – 2 no
Bell pepper – 1 each
White sesame seeds – 1 tsp
Potato starch – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
– Marinate chicken with ginger-garlic paste, chili sauce, soy sauce, curd and salt to taste. keep it 1 hour
– Then cook it in a clay oven.
– To make the sauce, heat a wok and add oil, chopped ginger and garlic, chopped chilli and paprika.
– Then add chicken stock and spices. Add dark soy sauce thickened with potato starch.
– Then put cooked chicken and toss it nicely.
– Place on a plate and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.
3. Idli pizza
Idli – 4 no.
Tomato – 10 no
Onion – 2 no.
Garlic – 1 tsp
Bell pepper – 1 no each
Basil – 1 tbsp
Corn – 50 g
Mozzarella cheese – 100 gm
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
– Take idlis and cut it into the round shape; keep it aside.
– For pizza sauce, take tomatoes and blanch them. Then take out their skins and chop them finely.
– Heat the pan, add olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, chopped tomato. Add some water and cook well. Then add basil and season with salt and pepper.
– Take other vegetables, cut them into cubes and fry them on high heat.
– Take idli, put tomato sauce on it, put the diced vegetables on top and put mozzarella on top.
– Bake idli pizza for 5 minutes in the oven at 180°c.
– Before serving, put olive oil on the idli pizza and garnish with fried basil leaves.