Austin, Texas † It’s that time of year when we all get together to celebrate graduation, have a summer party, or even just for brunch.
Of course, no gathering is complete without food, and Tierra Neubaum from FOX 7 Austin has some ideas that will make the kitchen easier.
A little better for your Fruit dip
- 1/2 block of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the whole with a hand beater or in a food processor.
- Let the cream cheese soften before mixing.
- Serve with your favorite fruit or fruit skewers.
Egg Hash Brown Baking
- A dozen eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 3 cups shredded hash browns
- 3 cups diced ham (or other meat)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Pro tip: Add chopped vegetables like spinach, broccoli, bell pepper, etc. for color and extra nutrients.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bake in a 9 x 13 greased pan for about 1.5 hours or until blade comes out clean.
Mini Chicken & Waffles With Hot Honey Sauce
Cook popcorn chicken & mini waffles according to the package. Use a skewer to stick them together.
Hot honey recipe
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Add honey, half of the hot sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes to a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat, but do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove from heat when the edges begin to bubble.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Let the mixture set for 5-15 minutes to allow the honey to be infused with red pepper flakes.
- Strain the crushed red peppers.
- Add the other half of the hot sauce.
- Use the mixture over chicken and waffles, biscuits, egg whites, or whatever your heart desires.