Airfryers have been all the rage lately, and for good reason. Food cooked in an airfryer is often just as tasty as fried food, but with far fewer calories.
Let’s face it – there are very few food items that work well in the deep fryer. A handful of Persian appetizers like fesenjan do well fried, but most of your favorite comfort foods like chicken wings, French fries, and chicken fingers are better suited to the air fryer.
This recipe is a great place to start if you’re new to the air fryer and need an easy, delicious recipe to make at home. It’s also a fun way to spice up a bland chicken breast with some of the flavors of an Italian meal.
1/4 cup flour (for dredging)
2 eggs beaten
2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
3 pounds boneless chicken breasts (about 6 medium or 4 large)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper (plus more for seasoning chicken)
2 tbsp olive oil for Air Fryer oiling at 350º F and set your ingredients below. Mix the flour, eggs and panko just before you put them in the airfryer basket; put aside.
Season both sides of each boneless chicken breast with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning; roll in flour mixture, then repeat two more times; pat dry with paper towels or a clean cloth. Place each cutlet between two sheets of parchment paper and beat gently with a rolling pin until flat, so that the folds are evenly spaced on both sides.
Cut 1-inch-wide strips lengthwise through the center of each cutlet; then gently twist them into crescent shapes; repeat on other side of each cutlet.
Don’t worry if they don’t stay in perfect circles at this point! Set aside while you finish the batter. Whisk together all the remaining filling ingredients except the parsley and lemon juice above (except garlic powder).
Season with salt and pepper to taste after all ingredients are combined, pour over patties and fold into triangles, leaving about 1/4″ uncooked space between them.
Airfryer Chicken Wings
- Salt and pepper your chicken wings and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir in chicken so they are coated with salt, pepper and oil. You can use tongs or your hands for this, but be sure to wash your hands after handling the raw meat when you’re done!
- Place the chicken in the air fryer at 400°F for about 15 minutes, until nice and crispy on the outside and cooked through to 165°F on the inside (use a meat thermometer if you have one). Turn them halfway through cooking so that both sides are equally tasty and crispy!
- When it’s all done, whip out the sauce of your choice (or make some fresh if you’re ambitious) and top those wings generously. Don’t forget to add some parsley or green onions if you want to take it to the next level!
- Serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese if desired, grab some napkins, eat and enjoy!
Crispy fried Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Preheat the air fryer to 375ºF (191ºC).
- Add the chicken fillets and toss with oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Add the chicken breasts to the breadcrumbs and coat well on all sides.
- Place the chicken breasts in an even layer in the airfryer basket without touching each other. (Work in batches if necessary.)
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Use tongs to turn each tenderloin halfway through the cooking time. Cooking times may vary slightly between different brands of air fryers, so use common sense when it comes to doneness and check often if you’re not sure how long it will take based on your appliance’s power or heating element. Always check for doneness before removing from heat by cutting into a piece that will not touch any other piece of food during cooking, checking the temperature with the meat thermometer probe inserted into the center of the meat, or by visually inspecting to see if the juices are clear when pierced with a fork (pale pink juices indicate subboiling is likely). Make sure there is no pink in it! If undercooked, return to air fryer, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes at 50% power, then check again until cooked through but not overdone. Do not overcook!!! This causes dehydration, which causes toughness and loss of flavour/juicy! Serve immediately with ranch dressing for dipping (or blue cheese), if desired.
Korean Style Easy Air Fried Chicken
- Stir soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and gochujang in a large bowl to make the marinade.
- Place the chicken in the marinade; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (and overnight).
- When you’re ready to cook the chicken, place it in a forced-air fryer basket and cook for 18-22 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F).
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with green onions before serving.
Airfryer Parmesan With Crust Chicken Fillet
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Then, on a plate or shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, flour, breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning. In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs until combined.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture first, then in the panko/parmesan mixture, pressing to coat both sides well with the crumb mixture. Place the crumbled chicken breasts in the basket of your air fryer (or if you have a large air fryer, you may need to cook them one at a time).
- If you are cooking 2 or 3 at a time, make sure they don’t touch or overlap as this will cause uneven cooking results and result in soggy bottoms!
- Now brush the tops of all the chicken breasts liberally with olive oil or drizzle with olive oil for an easy layer of oil. Slide them into your preheated air fryer for 9-10 minutes and flip them halfway through until they are nice, golden brown and crispy fried!
- Serve immediately as is, on top of salad vegetables or even on top of pasta!
Fried Sesame Orange Chicken
Preparation is key. Get everything you need ready before you start cooking as it will be a quick process.
First, grab a small bowl and pour 1/3 cup of orange juice. Then take your whisk and set it aside. Then take a medium bowl and combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and pepper with a whisk or fork until well blended.
Take your paper towel and place it on the counter before placing your chicken breasts on it to pat dry. This will help to remove any extra moisture from the chicken so it will crisp up nicely when cooked in the air fryer!
Next, cover each piece of chicken with the flour mixture with one hand (the other should still be a little wet from washing). Place the coated chicken in a large mixing bowl, then pour oil over all sides until completely coated; toss around until evenly coated with oil before transferring to a plate lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up later!
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (199 degrees C).
- Pat the wings dry with kitchen paper. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Place the wings on top and toss to coat evenly.
- Place half of the wings in a single layer in the preheated basket of the air fryer; cook in batches as needed to avoid crowding or overlapping the wings.
- Cook at 390 degrees F (199 degrees C) until golden brown and crispy, about 20 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking for even browning.
Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breasts with Honey Mustard Sauce
How to make juicy Airfryer Chicken Breasts
Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk honey, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and olive oil until smooth. Mix garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and coat them well with the mixture. Let it sit at room temperature while you prepare the breadcrumb mixture.
Mix panko with Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs in a shallow dish or on a plate. Roll the chicken breasts in the panko mixture until coated on all sides. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil spray. Place the chicken skin side up in the basket if you want crispy skin (I always do). Cook at 400F for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 7-10 minutes or until the insides are no longer pink (cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breast). Transfer the cooked chicken to an ovenproof dish or dish and roast for 3-5 minutes or until the top is golden brown if desired!
These airfryer chicken recipes are so easy and so delicious! Your new favorite way to cook chicken.
To say these are easy recipes is an understatement.
The air dryer is an easy way to cook chicken that turns out to be perfect every time. The only thing I would add here is to check the internal temperature of the meats with a meat thermometer to make sure they are cooked to 165°F.
You may be wondering why you should make airfryer chicken recipes when you already have an oven, stovetop, and grill. Airfryers are great at making the skin crisp and perfect without drying out the insides of the meat.
This versatile cooking method can turn even frozen chicken breasts into delicious pieces of food in minutes.
If you love fried chicken but want it without the fat and fat, airfryers are your answer. Keep in mind the time and money a hot air fryer can save you, not to mention the health benefits.