While British weather cannot be guaranteed, Weber predicts the country will still enjoy a blistering summer and expects an increase in more ambitious griller creations.
Weber, the world leader in innovation, technology and outdoor cooking products, tours some of the country’s garden centers with his grill instructors to share hints and tips with visitors on how to get the most out of their grill this year.
The chefs prepare pizzas and succulent steaks and create delicious dishes to help enthusiasts expand their repertoire and impress al fresco dining guests.
Dan Cooper, Head Grill Master at Weber, said: “Barbecuing is taking it up a notch and with the added holiday season this year, there are plenty of opportunities to get friends and family together for an alfresco meal. Weber has seen real interest in new ones. ways of barbecuing, so we’re going out all summer and visiting Weber World Garden Centers to help people get the best grilling experience from their barbeque.”
For more information or to register your interest in the Discover Weber events near you, visit discover-weber.com†
To try new barbecue dishes inspired by Discover Weber, here are two top recipes to try:
Classic Italian Pizza
15 g fresh yeast (about 5 g dry yeast)
350-400 g Mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
Toppings of your choice e.g. olives, pepperoni, mushrooms, artichokes
1. Combine the water, beer, oil and yeast. Add the durum flour and salt and knead well. Add the Italian flour little by little until the dough has the right consistency.
2. Divide the dough into pieces of 150 g for mini pizzas or 250 g for larger pizzas.
3. Shape each dough into a nice ball, cover with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least three hours before using.
4. Roll out the dough and top with tomato sauce, cheese, toppings and more cheese – in that order.
1. Prepare the grill for direct heat. Place the GBS Pizza Stone on the GBS Cooking Grid and let it heat up for 15 minutes.
2. Place the baking tray with the pizza on the grill and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. Note: the more toppings you add, the longer it will take for the pizza to cook. Be careful not to burn your crust on the bottom.
Juicy Steaks With Boursin Butter
30g Boursin flavored with garlic herbs
1 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
4 prime tenderloin steaks, each weighing about 200g
250 g bundle asparagus, cleaned, blanched and drained
16 cherry tomatoes on the vine
2. Beat the butter, Boursin, parsley and herbs together and roll into a block with cling film.
3. Refrigerate until hard enough to cut into four slices.
1. Season the fillet steaks, brush lightly with olive oil and grill over high heat for three to five minutes per side, turning once.
2. Remove the steaks from the barbecue, add a slice of Boursin butter, cover with foil and let rest for five minutes. This will allow the juices to settle (for a fuller flavor) and melt the butter over the meat.
3. Toss the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes in olive oil and put them on the barbecue for a few minutes on each side. Season and serve with the steaks.
Weber World stores are garden centers that showcase the full range of grills and accessories, plus exclusive products such as the 2022 Genesis gas grills and an all-new line of accessories called WEBER CRAFTED, which takes outdoor cooking to a new level of food discovery and discovery.
With an unparalleled shopping experience, with dedicated one-on-one support from a team of Weber experts, visitors can receive advice on choosing the right barbecue for their preferred cooking method, as well as tips on how to perfect certain barbecue dishes and recipes.
For more information or to register your interest in the Discover Weber events, please visit discover-weber.com